Every time I go to extract the border from a mesh I always end up using some strange combo of Group unshared edges, delete and dissolve, I came across a good way of getting unshared edges that I haven't thought of before, and now it seems really obvious ... using the polycap node to trace the border and then deleting all of the source prims, works like a charm! I have also usually had trouble with splitting up a line into multiple primitives, here is a way to create a primitive per edge. This example only works if every point has 2 neighbours but could easily be modified with a copy SOP to allow a dynamic amount of neighbours. (instead of 2 vopsops and a merge to duplicate the points). It works like this: The point number is stored in an attribute to create a unique number for each point The whole mesh goes into 2 streams to duplicate every point. For the first set of points, each point gets the point number of the first neighbour and applies a cantor func...
There is no doubt that Houdini is a most unusual creature, for this is a hamster with an advanced vocabulary and a terribly immodest opinion of his own superior brain power. Houdini believes without question that hamsters are a higher form of life than humans. He is, however, a kindhearted creature (generally speaking) and tolerates the bumbling ways of humans well enough.

this does look great dude!
ReplyDeletenice :)